- Swelling will increase for the first 72 hours before it starts to resolve on the fourth day. It may take a week or two for most of the swelling to resolve. Use ice 20 minutes on and 20 minutes off on each side of face for the first 24 hours.
- Avoid eating foods that require strenuous chewing. Discuss your diet with your surgeon.
- Use the Peridex mouth rinse prescribed by your doctor twice a day. Use warm salt water rinses after each meal. Keep the wires and brackets clean.
- Use the pain medications and antibiotics as directed by your doctor.
- If upper jaw surgery was performed, you should avoid blowing your nose for 2-3 weeks. Cough or sneeze with your mouth open.
After Corrective Jaw (Orthognathic) Surgery solution21 2017-10-20T23:18:57+00:00