David Salehani, D.D.S., M.D.
Dr. Salehani is a board certified oral and maxillofacial surgeon. He received his undergraduate degree in Biochemistry with honors and his dental degree with honors from State University of New York at Stony Brook. He completed his Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery training at Long Island Jewish Medical Center. In addition to receiving a diversified maxillofacial training at LIJMC, he also earned a medical degree at Stony Brook School of Medicine. Then he went on to complete an internship in general surgery at Stony Brook University Hospital, where he was trained to manage major trauma cases. Dr. Salehani practices a full scope of oral and maxillofacial surgery including dentoalveolar surgery, facial reconstruction (trauma or pathology), orthognathic (corrective jaw surgery), cleft lip and palate, dental implant, and TMJ surgery. He also participates as a faculty member in residents’ and students’ education at the UCLA medical center. Dr. Salehani has been on the peer review board of Los Angeles Dental Society and Guardian MDC insurance as the oral and maxillofacial surgeon consultant for the past seven years.
National and local dental and medical association membership:
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- California Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American Dental Association
- California Dental Association
- New York State Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Los Angeles Dental Society (Peer Review Oral Surgeon Consultant)
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon Dental Honor Society.
- Beverly Hills Academy of Dentistry (Vice President 2017-2018)
- UCLA Medical Center
- Long Beach Memorial Medical Center and Children’s Hospital (courtesy staff)